PDA

View Full Version : sun problem

alanh
2022-10-01, 07:18 AM
I find it difficult to fly facing the sun. The pans help but its not the best solution. It might be a good idea to be flying on the other side of the runway but flying closer to the homes is also an issue. The only solution for me is to only fly on overcast days.

Michael O'Bree
2022-10-01, 11:38 AM
I find it difficult to fly facing the sun. The pans help but its not the best solution. It might be a good idea to be flying on the other side of the runway but flying closer to the homes is also an issue. The only solution for me is to only fly on overcast days.

The Club has moved on from there - see "Club Information>History":

"1995 to 1997
Jim McEwen was the President, Lorne Trottier was the VP, Gabriel Chagnon was the Secretary. With experience gained the Club Executive developed a Master Plan which addressed encroachment and safety concerns as well as changes that could be made to improve the facilities for the enjoyment of the members. The pilot stations were moved to the north side of the runway to shift the traffic pattern to the south and away from the buildings along Pilon. Plans were made for a sun shelter, BBQ area, childrens play area, and improved parking. The club General Rules and Safety Rules were revised and updated incorporate the new layout and the Rule Enforcement Policy was developed. These changes were ratified at the 1996 AGM."

briankizner
2022-10-01, 12:13 PM
Correct, Michael. We did fly from the other side in the early 90’s and it was better for us to have the afternoon sun behind us. ( By the way, the history is generally correct except that Mr.McEwan was president only one of those years, after which Gabriel Chagnon was president and I was VP to both of them taking over as president when Gabriel left.) Unfortunately, we would have lost the field long ago if we had continued like that as our planes were often in what is now the no-fly zone over the school and Pilon Street and we did get some complaints. It’s true that the sun in our faces, especially in the autumn months, can be difficult but flying this way has greatly reduced our impact on our neighbours.

Michael O'Bree
2022-10-01, 02:33 PM
Brian -
If you have the details and years that applied to your correction of the History, I will make the updates, as Michael J. has provided input for 2020 to 2022 which I will update at the same time.
Tx
Mike O

Sempai-mj
2022-10-02, 08:58 AM
Pour nos nouveaux membres et un rappel à tous.

For our new members and a reminder to all.