PDA

View Full Version : Good habits

briankizner
2022-11-12, 01:39 PM
https://youtu.be/AlepXzlX-qE

Some good tips about RC flying.

Matt
2022-11-13, 11:37 AM
Thanks for sharing, Brian. One piece of advice that struck me was his recommendation to pinch not thumb. I'm a thumb pilot and, although I have played around with pinch flying on my simulator, I never got comfortable with it. I suppose it requires a harness and tray support for the transmitter to do it right. But I would be curious to know among the more experienced/advanced pilots at the field if they pinch or thumb? Thanks.

Xavier
2022-11-13, 04:32 PM
I have used 2 fingers after recommendations from a very good pilots who was flying pattern and Imac in 1998. I can't say it's pinch as my thumb is on the top and my index is in front of the stick just below the top. It was supposed to be temporary to get used to the second finger but it stayed like this since.
It works with a tray or a strap but it would probably be difficult if you have to hold the transmitter.
I fly like this for all precision and smooth flying. Only when doing some faster movement with foamies that I only use the thumbs.
However, I have seen some top class pilots fly with thumbs. I suppose setting up of the plane has as much importance as the way you use your finger.

Sempai-mj
2022-11-13, 04:49 PM
I control with my thumbs while holding the transmitter with the rest of my fingers.

During the winter I wear light gloves with the inside tip of the thumbs cut so I can fold them back to expose my thumb tips.