PDA

View Full Version : Re-open date

qinqiaomeng
2023-07-11, 11:43 AM
Salut tout le monde

J'ai remarqué que le terrain est en cours de rénovation. Puis-je avoir l'heure approximative de sa réouverture ?

Merci pour toute information à l'avance. Désolé si j'ai déjà raté quelque chose.

Cordialement
QQ

Hi all

I noticed that the field is under renovation. Can I have the approximate time when would it be open again?

Thanks for any information in advance. Sorry if I missed anything already there.

Best regards
QQ

briankizner
2023-07-12, 10:04 AM
I’m not sure how to answer this because it is a long and complicated story that all our active members are familiar with. The city of Montreal owns the land and is planning to build a park through our field. As such they have asked us to leave. We have a lawyer working to try to keep the field for us. Meanwhile, in order to avoid other legal problems, we removed our installations there. Our hope is to keep the field and then replace our equipment there.
Meanwhile, even though we have nothing installed there, we are continuing to fly there. So the field, while empty, never really closed.

vracan
2023-07-13, 12:43 PM
hmm now not sure if I should buy a plane and get into this hobby since I don't want to have to drive an hour to go to another MAAC site and another hour to come back just to fly my toy.

qinqiaomeng
2023-07-14, 10:08 AM
Can we continue to fly there? I cannot enter the field. Can we? By the way, are there any other places we can fly a plane?

Michael O'Bree
2023-07-18, 02:15 PM
Can we continue to fly there? I cannot enter the field. Can we? By the way, are there any other places we can fly a plane?

Please see Field Status page (https://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=fieldstatus) which has been updated

pauldaigle
2023-07-21, 02:25 PM
Please see Field Status page (https://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=fieldstatus) which has been updated

The WIMAC information continues to be Top Secret stuff apparently.

briankizner
2023-07-21, 03:26 PM
The gate combo is available for paid up members.

pauldaigle
2023-07-22, 01:47 PM
Have not been there for 5 years+ as I was out of town, and did not renew my membership. Now I don't plan on becoming a member again until things get sorted out with the field and the City of Montreal. How unfortunate that this club has been evicted and is not able to provide alternative flying sites. Will keep up to date with any developments if ever. Thank's for any up date you may have for non members.

Florin
2023-07-22, 02:12 PM
.... Thank's for any up date you may have for non members.

Here's the info at the link above (for non-members without gate code).

FIELD UNDER RENOVATIONS: For the moment members are welcome to continue flying. See my Post dated 17 June PM. Gate code now xxxxx.

TERRAIN EN RÉNOVATION: Pour le moment, les membres sont les bienvenus pour continuer à voler. Voir mon Message daté du 17 juin PM. Code de de barrièr maintenant xxxxx.