PDA

View Full Version : Flybarless head

BARBERIK
2008-06-23, 10:17 AM
I resently striped a screw on a mixing arm connecting to the seesaw,so I decided to finally try the GMP flybarless head I've had lying around .
First flight was successful, and the change over took 30 mins.

PaulG-rc
2008-06-23, 11:05 AM
Did you fly around Eric or just hover, so its very stable not touchy.

Playing around with colors. :D

BARBERIK
2008-06-23, 11:38 AM
Hovering seems to very stable so far , but flying well theres a difference .
Left and right I didn't find so bad . from going backward to forward flight I had to push the cyclic all the way to stop it from continueing to go backwards. It's also tail heavy at the moment,I have no pilots to weight the front down .
I'll try it at the park and let you know.

PaulG-rc
2008-06-23, 11:43 AM
This is what I have been reading about, the problem seems to be the cyclic foward the rest seems ok.
Some guys have it a bit nose heavy and it seems to help a bit from drifting backward.

BARBERIK
2008-06-23, 12:26 PM
I went to the park.I put a 6cell 7.2 v battery in the nose and aswell moved the forward trim quit a ways up,it flies great except the nose just keeps pitching up. No sleeping at the switch on this one ,constant attention/forward cyclic is nesessary. For the rest I didn't really notice any real difference.:cool:
Iam going to purchase a new seesaw , just in case.

Safety First
2008-06-23, 09:11 PM
Eric try to give it nose down trim onthe cyclic and pull a bit on cyclic to hover this way as you release the stick it will naturaly go foward and will be more controable.

BARBERIK
2008-06-27, 07:57 AM
I tried it with more forward trim. I was at the club yesterday and flew in strong irratic winds.I took off and was instantly in forward flight but once I pulled into a hover, oh my god . Remember the first time you lifted your heli off the ground, thats what it was like. Full forward full reverse ,I was getting seesaw sick. I landed it, cuz next I'd be posting in the crash stories forum. I felt like a newbie . I flew a half a tank and my heart rate was in the red.
Iflew my other heli for the rest of the day, without any trouble.
I don't know if it was me or the winds or both, deffinately no wind next flight.

JimmyG
2008-06-27, 08:30 AM
Eric I found this link it might help with the flight characteristics.

http://www.littlerotors.com/articles/huey-08112002/index.aspx

jeffrey g
2008-06-27, 03:27 PM
http://mikado.e-vendo.de/e-vendo.php?shop=k_mikado_e

lots of good words on this product

Then again.. it's still a money thing..

BARBERIK
2008-06-30, 09:59 AM
I flew it saturday ,made a few mechanical and radio adjustments .
I had 2 great flights. Since I don't fly much and I'am use to a flybar ,it took a couple of flights to get my thumbs in order.It feels like flying an old school bus ,double clutching and everthing,but it does fly well.
Thanx for your input Guys.

PaulG-rc
2008-06-30, 10:02 AM
Thats good news Eric :D
Looking foward to see it fly again but without the flybar.