Thread: New Urban Parc
View Single Post
Old 2019-12-18
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Michlick
WIMAC WINGS: Unknown

ImFM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ImFM Send a message via AIM to ImFM Send a message via MSN to ImFM Send a message via Yahoo to ImFM Send a message via Skype™ to ImFM
I understand you're keeping the discussion open to members, makes sense. I just felt an update here was useful for those who are not members yet, just like myself and the news about the agreement between Grilli and the city was news a few days ago (before the developers were intend on suing the city instead). I was hoping to join in the new year and am still hoping to start flying again.

Many many years ago, when I was flying in Germany, the club I was part of there actually faced a similar situation. It was located in a protected natural habitat of fields and there were also "sewage fields" (?) in the area that were used to bring back already cleaned water into the ground water. There were mostly gasoline planes flown there back then and also a number of protected birds were in the area. I remember always biking there, a lot of it along the wall that divided Berlin (West-Berlin) and Brandenburg back then.

We collected signatures to keep the field back then, and also had a media outreach for local coverage. I remember actually doing a radio report with interviewing people on the street about the issue and submitted it to a youth reporter contest with one of the local radio stations. It looks like they ultimately moved outside Berlin after the wall came down, but I remember we were allowed to keep the field for many more additional years.

Please let me know if there's a way I can help.

Last edited by ImFM; 2019-12-18 at 04:35 PM.