Club Member
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Finn
MAAC Number: 95442
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Dougf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondb View Post
From your description of the behavior, I think the ESC programmation is to blame. There are usually two setting:

1- Low voltage detection threshold: can be set to High, mid, or Low. If it is currently set to high, the batteries voltage drop caused by the high current pulled by the motor will cause an early low voltage detection. (it should be set to low)

2- The Low voltage action: When low voltage is detected (see conditions above), the reaction of the ESC can be set to MOTOR CUT (this is probably what you have now) or to REDUCED POWER (this is what you should have).

Most ESC have these two settings available but each brand name and model have their own list of options and programmation mode. You will need to do a search on the web for how to program your specific ESC (brand and model).
Hi Raymond,
Quick update...HH agreed that the ESC was at fault and sent me a free replacement. It took awhile to arrive, but it was worth the wait. The new ESC has fixed the issue and I have flown several flights now without any throttle or control interruptions. Thanks for your suggestions. Recent picture attached.
Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Habu .JPG
Views:	50
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	13207