Club Member
First Name: Luc
Last Name: Thibault
MAAC Number: 73800
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

LucT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fernie View Post
If you follow the document links you will find the following statement: "While Part IX of the CARs applies to all RPAS, members of the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) operating at MAAC fields and MAAC sanctioned events will be issued an exemption to certain provisions of the CARs. Under the Act, footnote 8 the Minister has the authority to issue exemptions to the CARs; the exemption will be issued to MAAC before the end of the coming into force of the Regulations. "

So, hopefully the situation will stay as it is now - MAAC members operating at MAAC fields/events, and following MAAC rules are fine. Fly in the local park or vacant lot and you could be in trouble.
Bonjour Andrew,

thanks for helping us understand the impacts of this upcoming change. To be more specific, are we forbidden to fly a small EPP model at our local park? I live near a huge Soccer and baseball field and enjoy going there early in the morning or during times when nobody uses the facility to fly small foam models. If that is the case it will be a huge factor for me, might even force me to reconsider the future of this hobby...I can't imagine that flying a slow motion Clik R2 EPP model would represent any thread to anyone in the middle of a huge baseball field. But then I guess that it could be debated...