Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Roy
MAAC Number: 91931
WIMAC WINGS: Unknown

Matt is on a distinguished road
Loss of Signal Issues

Good afternoon,

Over the last couple weeks, I've experienced 4 instances of loss of signal with 3 different planes (each with a different receiver). The four incidents occurred in exactly the same location each time, i.e. approximately 80-100 feet up and to the west. Just wondering if others have experienced this recently too? I recall there was discussion in the past about this issue but I haven't heard anyone complain about it lately.

I believe there was some speculation from other members about interference from nearby cell towers which might be plausible. Here is the map showing the closest cell towers: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/...layers=a&pid=0

My other hypothesis is that the sunshade was partially interfering with the RF signal. In each instance, I was standing such that the sunshade pole was directly in the line between my transmitter and the plane when the signal was lost. I've never heard of a sunshade causing enough interference to lose signal so I'm wondering what others think of this?

Thank you.
Matthew