Old 2021-04-15
Club Member
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Finn
MAAC Number: 95442
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Dougf is on a distinguished road
Here's an update for anyone interested:

I flew the Habu yesterday with a new freshly charged 4S 4000 40C battery. Nice smooth flight except that the same thing with power loss happened at least 3 or 4 times during the flight. The power loss usually lasted a few seconds, during which the plane would start to descend, and then it would recover power. Not a recipe for safe flying! I decided to take the plane home in one piece after just the one flight and to look into the power loss in more detail.

Turns out fail safe mode which is triggered by signal loss results in throttle being reduced to low power. I have a new Admiral RX600 stability gyro receiver in the plane, with antenna's properly oriented at 90 degrees from each other and away from obstructions. A range test was done before first flight, so it appears the problem is an intermittent receiver. I called Motion RC today, went over the whole installation and they agreed it was probably an issue with their receiver and are sending me a replacement right away. Great customer service!

Hope this is info is helpful, please let me know if any comments or questions.
Doug