Club Member
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Finn
MAAC Number: 95442
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Dougf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdonald View Post
The HABU is available in two versions, the BNF and PNP.
The BNF version is designed to be a easy to fly 1st jet. $399.99 U.S.$
The PNP version is a not so easy to fly 1st jet. $219.99 U.S$
The BNF version comes with a flight controller and serial receiver. The flight controller has the dual diversity antenna. The antenna lead extensions are longer
than say the AR636A receivers.
These foam jets contain a fair quentity of carbon fiber reinforcement. The battery occupies about 25% of the aircraft. As a result there is plenty on board the aircraft to block the signal to the antenna and cause a hold, the receiver moves the channel outputs to the failsafe setting. It is possible your receiver and or setup is not compatible for this aircraft.
However an extensive range test should be done to ensure that signal loss to the receiver is not the cause of the problem before flying.
Hi John,
Thanks for all your comments. I bought the PNP version for 2 main reasons. Firstly I didn't want another transmitter and all the automation gizmo's and secondly, I wanted a bit of an easier EDF to learn on before going back to the Avanti with its retract gear and flaps.

I put an Admiral 6 channel rx in it that has a stability gyro, which helps this light jet in turbulence. I agree with your comment that the PNP is a "not so easy" jet to fly. Meanwhile I bound a DX6e to the rx yesterday, as I saw a YouTube video where the guy had reception issues with a DX8 which went away when he switched to a DX6. Lo and behold, my flights yesterday were without power loss.

Had a helmet fire on my second flight, came in too slow on one of my approaches, stalled a wing and it rolled over and hit the ground. a couple of clean breaks, so not too serious, but its an important lesson to keep speed up and flowing over the control surfaces on EDF's. There's no prop wash!