Club Member
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Finn
MAAC Number: 95442
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Dougf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdonald View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage to your plane yesterday. But you are a seasoned flyer and know that planes are easy to damage. You know that repairs are part of this hobby. I mentioned the price comparison between the two versions as the complete package appears to be directed towards someone trying to get started in this hobby. Imagine someone new to this hobby paying $600 Canadian and doing extensive damage on the very first flight. RC Geek has a video where his son with very little experience flys the Habu and the father calls it a success. But the father talked him through how control the plane and guided him on the landing. The plane was damaged and in need of repairs. $600 for one flight might be a turnoff someone new to the this hobby. However at WIMC we are lucky to have Raymond B. to guide us on how handle these jets.
Thanks John. I saw that RC Geek video and it struck me as a promo for the product. Some of these YouTube reviewers are a bit biased in their reviews it seems. I noticed when his son landed the Habu, it did a good bounce, and the nose wheel was turning loosely when his Dad picked up the plane. Must have broken the clevis pin like I did. Anyway, my bird is almost back in flying shape, will post a pic when it's airworthy. Cheers.