Old 2019-07-28
Club Director
First Name: Michael
Last Name: O'Bree
MAAC Number: 91274
WIMAC WINGS: Solo

Michael O'Bree is on a distinguished road
Luc -

You are right - I stand corrected - you read the document more carefully than I did. But if you have your MAAC #, MAAC's website address and your own home/cell phone number, you are covered - just to complicate matters, see below.

When we read the "Exemption Guidance Material" document provided by MAAC that I posted, even MAAC do not provide the full picture. In that document (Para. 11) they state "It is already a requirement for members to have their Name, MAAC# and the MAAC “800#” on, or within, their aircraft. Please ensure ongoing compliance with any new aircraft acquired."

However, when you look at MAAC's official document on their website "MPPD 10 -MAAC Owner Contact Information on Model Aircraft", (within Safety Committee documents) that document says something a little different (look at their text I have highlighted in BOLD):

"......
4.3 MAAC will comply with the new requirement by reinstating the practice of having all members apply an owner’s identification tag/label; or a copy of the member’s electronic membership card; or a copy of the members MAAC card to their model aircraft containing the members contact identification listed below:
a. Members MAAC number (required);
b. MAAC, website address (required);
c. MAAC office phone number “or” members home/cell phone number (required); and
d. Members name (optional).
4.4 Examples of MAAC contact information label/tags /cards as follows:
4.5 The choice of owner’s information label location (inside/outside) of the model aircraft will be the member’s.
4.6 It is recognized that many members already follow this identification procedure because is to the members advantage to provide the recommended contact information which can assist in the recovery of a lost model.
4.7 Compliance with this simple procedure it is hoped will satisfy the owner’s identification requirement enacted in the amended CARs thus avoiding the need to comply with more complex and stringent procedures in the future.
5.0 Process/Procedure.
5.1 The MAAC number and owner contact label (MS Word template – label # 5160 or equivalent), may also be available from the MAAC office.
5.2 All MAAC members are responsible for identifying which models in their possession require a contact information label/sticker and applying one to all models they intend to fly.
5.3 Questions concerning this document should be addressed to the MAAC representative on the Transport Canada Committee."

In fact I am also covered because I also have my TC registration number on my aircraft so I am covered under Part IX rules as well as a MAAC member.

GREAT photos from the weekend by the way - keep them coming!

Last edited by Michael O'Bree; 2019-07-28 at 09:02 PM.