Old 2019-11-04
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Krishna
Last Name: Blake
MAAC Number: 10574
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Krish is on a distinguished road
A little history on the Tiger series, including the 2

As some of you may be aware, I soloed back in 1971 or 72! Dave Patrick who designed the Tiger series was a Montrealer back then! He lived in St. Anne de Belview near the locks and the house he rented then is still there as I passed there and saw it recently. He loved to fly RC and he and I used to fly along a road which was part of the College before McGill took over. A particular memory of flying with him was interesting. In winter, we use to fly from inside our cars on 72Mhz, with the antenna sticking out a small crack in the window after take off and used the Windshield as our window of flying area. In those days I was still working at Udisco repairing Radio gear. My last contact with him was about 5-6 years ago. He still lives around Chicago and had started his own business, selling his designs at www.davepatrickmodels.com But I see the domain is for sale.

I can also say the Tiger 2 was always my favorite plane as "just for fun" flying and suited my flying style very well, especially a few feet above ground. I never had any major accidents and was flying it in Jamaica until I left 2 years ago, selling off the planes I had shipped there, one person bought all 5 and he still flies the old reliable, which I acquired some decades ago. Ian, you will enjoy this model aircraft. Apology for long windedness.