View Single Post
Old 2019-11-04
Club Director
First Name: Florin
Last Name: Mos
MAAC Number: 94573
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Florin is on a distinguished road
I think the subject is debatable. I don't have knowledge in telecommunications, but I found a map of cell towers in the area. It seems that the north side of the airfield is more populated and the towers are closer, as from imagine below:
http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/c...layers=a&pid=0

However, I was flying in that Saturday and I remember the wind. It was quite strong and gusty. But, the main problem was the direction of the wind. It was allover the place. Three of my flights started with take-off in one direction then landed from opposite direction, due of the wind change. Always above the vegetation (especially around big trees) the gust is dangerous and it is accompanied by serious down draft, because of lower temperature. If combine this with the wind from the back, visually the approach speed might seem ok, but the aircraft could enter the stall speed, then with other perturbation down you go: stall, no flying anymore, no response to any input.
Another day, I saw my plane disappearing behind the big tree aligned with the runway, I hit the throttle then gently pulled up, lucky my plane re-appeared again above the tree top.
It's just my opinion, definitively it could be a real radio interference problem either.

Last edited by Florin; 2019-11-04 at 07:51 PM. Reason: corrected: Saturday