Club Member
First Name: Xavier
Last Name: Mouraux
MAAC Number: 57581
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Xavier is on a distinguished road
Indoor Challenge 2023

Happy New Year all,

To follow on the 2022 challenge, we could do it again at the dome. Since we are going twice in January and twice in February, maybe we could use the first visit for more practice and do the challenge on the second visit.

I have updated just a few things from 2022:

It would be part of regular flying with no effect on people who don’t play. It is open to anyone with an indoor airplane that could do the maneuvers in the list below. No registering fees. Just give me your name when you arrive or in this thread. With the experience of the first event, I think that we could go up to 6 participants.

Participants practice as much as they want. I could answer questions and help improve the maneuvers or adjust the planes.
During the second half of the last session of the month, the participants will perform up to 5 maneuvers in the list below. I will be judging and taking note scores.

The scores will be very simple.
O: not done or really ugly or crash.
5: done, recognizable but not great.
10: well done.

Choose maximum 5 maneuvers in the list below and perform them one after the other. Once the pilot has done his 5 maneuvers, he could go at it again. Maximum 3 rounds per pilot. The best round of each pilot count for compilation.

Maneuvers list:
Straight flight, constant altitude for at least 5 sec
Roll (more than 1 sec)
Knife edge for more than 3 sec
Inverted flight for more than 3 sec
Loop (smooth elevator application)
Cobra (up 45 degrees, down 45 degrees)
Outside loop from inverted
Added:
Four points roll
Square loop
Other suggestions ?

I will prepare a video that includes the additional maneuver:
(2022 maneuvers https://youtu.be/29aDYKPER0A )

Time to get on the sim.

If there is interested to practice on the sim online, I could organize something one evening a week using Real Flight. There are many great features on this sim to help learn new tricks.

Xavier