Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Ian
Last Name: San Agustin
MAAC Number: 96252
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

Ian is on a distinguished road
Update 29-Mar: Filler, Sand, Repeat.

Hi Folks!

Another interesting week concluded. Unrelated to the this project, but still relating to this hobby: Yesterday was my first flying session for 2020. So nice to see familiar faces at the field. Special thank you to Mike Jenkins for jumping in to take control of my airplane so I can remove my winter gloves. Learned an important lesson: Don't use winter gloves when flying! I did not have the feel / dexterity of the transmitter and the sticks, I was borderline loosing control.

To this project... just finished one of my least favourite, but necessary, part of the construction: hinge slotting. Luckily before all the store closures, I bought hinge slotting blades from Ted's Hobbies to make this task a little easier to accomplish. I was never very comfortable making hinge slot holes, especially on thin structures like the stabilizer and fin. You need some pressure to push the blade into the balsa but you don't want to put too much to start stressing the open structures. I'm happy its all finally done, and the rest of the week was spent adding balsa fillers, sanding and some more bevel sanding on the surfaces. Oh, and vacuuming after each building session!

Have a safe and productive week ahead everyone, cheers for now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic29-1.jpg (403.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg pic30-1.jpg (399.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg pic32-1.jpg (415.0 KB, 20 views)