Welcome to the WIMAC forums.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   WIMAC > General > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to talk about anything R/C or otherwise.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Non-WIMAC Member
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Molnar
WIMAC WINGS: Unknown

Frankie is on a distinguished road
Post Hello to all members !

Hello to everyone, this is my first time and looking forward to one day meet with and fly my first electric model airplane with WIMAC members ! It was many years ago a good friend brought me along to see his model airplane in action and it really peaked my interest. I ended up buying beginners airplane, the model is the Mini Aero Scout ! I hope to hear from our members and receive guidance and great advice. Thank you and have a nice week !
Old 1 Week Ago
Club Member
First Name: Herbert
Last Name: Wheeler
MAAC Number: 97715
WIMAC WINGS: Student

Wannafly is on a distinguished road
Hi Frankie. I also became a new member in October so welcome! I was wondering If you were able to arrange an instructor and if so how did you go about getting one? I posted that I was new and looking for an instructor last week but no replies
Maybe we can arrange a group training with an instructor? Let me know what you think.
Herb.
Old 1 Week Ago
Club Member
First Name: Raymond
Last Name: Bergeron
MAAC Number: 88865
WIMAC WINGS: Instructor Park Flyers

raymondb is on a distinguished road
Welcome to all our new members!

With the current Covid situation, you will surely understand that our instructors are not as responsive as usual...
We all hope for a quick situation improvement so that we can arrange some training sessions. Until then, I don't know if it will be possible.

Stay safe and see you soon.
Old 1 Week Ago
Club Member

Thank you for responding Raymond. I do understand and appreciate the situation. I do hope to get out and fly soon. I may just bring my park flyer (170gram S720 foam plane from OMPHOBBY) to the heli pad which is apparently something we can do. I have about 25 hours of flying with it and would not be a hazard to anyone.
Old 1 Week Ago
Club Director
First Name: Mezri
Last Name: Filali
MAAC Number: 91499
WIMAC WINGS: Instructor Plane

Mezri is on a distinguished road
Hello Frank, first investment is a simulator for RC planes with a good USB device...around 200$, you will learn to fly after 60 to 100 houres... I never needed an instructor or buddy box. After many successive flights with out crashing...you will be ready for one formality flight with instructor to get you wings.
This Covid period is perfect for simulator learning.
See you soon for the test flight.
Old 1 Week Ago
Non-WIMAC Member

Good Evening !

Hello and welcome Wannafly and Steve xoxo . I hope everyone is doing well ? Wannafly, my beginner plane is the Mini Aero Scout by Hobbyzone, I have not flown it yet, will be getting my MAAC soon and take it from there ! This is my first time getting into model airplanes as a hobby. So baby steps first and to get as much information from our WIMAC members . Hi Mezri, can I buy an RC Simulator from any hobby shop ? Take care all and see you soon !
Old 1 Week Ago
Non-WIMAC Member

Hello Again.

I want to give a big Thank You to another WIMAC member who is giving me really good advice about model airplanes ! A big TY to Ian San Agustin .
Old 4 Days Ago
Club Member

Hi Frankie and Mezri. Well I took Mezri's advice and purchased the Real Flight 9.5 flight simulator from Great Hobbies. Should receive it soon. Got the package that comes with the remote control RFL1200 (as recommended by Peter at Teds Hobby Shop) to save the real transmitter from wear. If getting the non remote control included package RFL1201 you still need the wireless dongle WS2000. Save a bit doing this but then you are wearing out the remote you need to fly the real plane. The Apprentice 15e I have uses the same Spectrum remote the simulator uses so it will be like using the real plane remote for me. Would be the same for you too Frankie.
Would have bought from Teds but they do not have any Real Flight simulators in stock and said they cannot get any of them? Jac Hobby website says you have to order it and it is more expensive than Great Hobbies.

I will let you know how it goes with this simulator.

Thanks for all the help!

Will be (should be) ready come first real flight!!
Old 3 Days Ago
Non-WIMAC Member

RF Simulator

Hi Wannafly, another good hobby shop is Distribution aux Modeliste in Laval they have some good stuff ! I have not purchased the RF simulator at this time but planning to do so soon. Take care Wannafly.
Old 3 Days Ago
Non-WIMAC Member

Hi Fropler !Welcome to WIMAC, happy to have you on board