Welcome to the WIMAC forums.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   WIMAC > General > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to talk about anything R/C or otherwise.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Club Member
First Name: Luc
Last Name: Thibault
MAAC Number: 73800
WIMAC WINGS: Solo Planes

LucT is on a distinguished road
Histoire de l'ecrasement le plus frustrant / The most frustrating crash story

R.I.P. Ma superbe maquette FMS P40b.

Alors que je profitais de ce merveilleux dimanche matin, un insecte - probablement une guèpe - me pique sur l'avant-bras gauche. Seulement deux secondes pour bouger mon bras et regarder, hélas. Assez pour ne pas récupérer ce genre d'avion très sensible.

Maintenant j'ai 4 piles, un moteur brushless, des servos et un récepteur pour la prochaine maquette. Et j'ai toujours l'habitude de mettre de l'insecticide...mais pas ce matin-là

Et vous, quelle est l'histoire de votre écrasement le plus frustrant?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

R.I.P. my beautiful FMS P40b.

As I was enjoying this beautiful Sunday morning conditions, an insect - probably a wasp - bite me on my left forearm. Just a couple of seconds to move my arm and look down, yes. Enough to loose track of this very sensible type of airplane.

Now I have 4 spare packs, brushless motor, servos and receiver for the next kit. And I usually always use repellent...but not that morning

About you, what was your most frustrating crash ???
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Past President
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Kizner
MAAC Number: 36125
WIMAC WINGS: Instructor

briankizner is on a distinguished road
There have been many. One good one happened years ago when I tripped and dropped the transmitter. I recovered and picked up the transmitter and would have regained control without too much difficulty if the transmitter battery had not fallen out.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Club Member
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Rochon
MAAC Number: 22647
WIMAC WINGS: Instructor Plane

Kevin Rochon is on a distinguished road
I had a beautiful Christen Eagle 50cc which I watched going down in circles in the woods because the battery came loose and disconnected,I meant to put heat shrink on the connection but ........
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Club Director
First Name: Michael
Last Name: O'Bree
MAAC Number: 91274

Michael O'Bree is on a distinguished road
Early this year my Apprentice had an embarrassing abrupt altercation with Mother Earth - the sun was bright, i made the newbie error of not using the sun shade at the pilot station and I lost sight of the plane as it passed in front of the sun, lost orientation and thwack - nose first into the ground. It crashed only a few feet away from Michael J. who was searching for somebody else's plane in the woods. Fortunately it did not hit anyone. Michael kindly retrieved the pieces which have benefited from a large portion of Lepage’s cement glue (thanks to Raymond B. for his recommendation) + new cowl etc and the plane has successfully re-maidened a few weeks ago.
More pilot error than unlucky break......
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Club Member
First Name: Theodor-Dan
Last Name: Mitea
MAAC Number: 77638

mitea_dan is on a distinguished road
J’ai volé dans une année en 1 janvier. Était une tempête de neige. Une poussé de vent m’a introduit de neige entre les yeux et lunettes. Complete aveugles je perdu l’avion. C’était un minitelemaster électrique. Je le trouvé sur un magasin…
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Club Member
Last Name: Levy
MAAC Number: 15553

MichaelLevy is on a distinguished road
Well, I went flying my SR-71 edf jet last Monday. I noticed the runway was full of goose droppings. I though it may be a good idea to remove them before take-off but was too impatient and decided to take off anyway. The plane roared down the runway and just before takeoff, the right fan hit a bird dropping and exploded, sending blades right through the engine nacelle. With the left engine on full power, the plane turned right and started to roll, I quickly powered down and it plopped down in the soaked grass at the end of the runway (in the Hudson). Luckily not too much damage except to my ego, but I promised myself to bring a broom next time to avoid bird poo strikes on take-off.

Last edited by MichaelLevy; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:33 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
President
Last Name: Jenkins
MAAC Number: 81213
WIMAC WINGS: Instructor Plane

Sempai-mj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelLevy View Post
Well, I went flying my SR-71 edf jet last Monday. I noticed the runway was full of goose droppings. I though it may be a good idea to remove them before take-off but was too impatient and decided to take off anyway. The plane roared down the runway and just before takeoff, the right fan hit a bird dropping and exploded, sending blades right through the engine nacelle. With the left engine on full power, the plane turned right and started to roll, I quickly powered down and it plopped down in the soaked grass at the end of the runway (in the Hudson). Luckily not too much damage except to my ego, but I promised myself to bring a broom next time to avoid bird-dropping strikes on take-off.
I guess we will call you Sully from now on!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Club Member
Last Name: Levy
MAAC Number: 15553

MichaelLevy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempai-mj View Post
I guess we will call you Sully from now on!
I should have cleaned the bird poo off the runway and not "sully" my reputation.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Club Member
First Name: John
Last Name: MacDonald
MAAC Number: 95190

Jdonald is on a distinguished road
There are 2 wide plastic plow snow shovels behind the terminal. Blue colour. Cleaned the 2 taxi ways and the eastern half of the runway on Sunday. Since the plows are plastic the runway is not damaged. There were about 35 geese at the east end of the runway. I guess they returned. They have also done a number on the yellow noodles.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Club Member
First Name: Luc
Last Name: Thibault
MAAC Number: 73800

LucT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdonald View Post
There are 2 wide plastic plow snow shovels behind the terminal. Blue colour. Cleaned the 2 taxi ways and the eastern half of the runway on Sunday. Since the plows are plastic the runway is not damaged. There were about 35 geese at the east end of the runway. I guess they returned. They have also done a number on the yellow noodles.
Shit happens.